The Boron III TH series was designed with input from some of the finest spey casters in the world and successfully builds on Winston’s two-handed tradition of handcrafting perfectly balanced, responsive, high-performance rods. Built with advanced Boron III technology, this series is more powerful, more responsive, smoother casting and has faster recovery than the incredibly popular Boron IIx two-handed series it replaces. This rod is also lightweight and allows an angler to present a fly with incredible accuracy and cast long distances, with ease. The Boron III TH is the ideal selection for any style of two-handed angling and can easily transition between Touch-and-Go, Underhand and Sustained Anchor techniques. No matter if you’re fishing Traditional Spey, Skagit, Scandi or Switch lines, this series will meet the challenge. Offering extraordinary power, responsiveness and accuracy, the Boron III TH is perfectly balanced to enhance line delivery and minimize fatigue. This series has unquestionably set a new standard in the world of two-handed rods.
BORON III TH IMAGES
Loading the player...
BORON III TH VIDEO
Loading the player...
THE BORON STORY VIDEO
- Ideal selection for any style of two-handed angling
- Built with advanced Boron III technology, resulting in a fast action rod that is extremely lightweight, powerful, lively and capable of generating incredible line speed
- More powerful, more responsive, smoother casting and has faster recovery than the incredibly popular Boron IIx two-handed series it replaces
- Strong and dependable
- Proprietary design that promotes effortless long casts, accurate presentations and reserved power for big flies and windy days
- Unmatched lifting power and fish fighting capabilities
- Well-balanced to enhance line delivery and limit casting fatigue
- Winston designed grip to support infinite hand placement with any casting style
- Handcrafted in Twin Bridges, Montana USA
- Action: Fast
- Grip: Two-handed
- Sections: 4-piece
- Color: Winston green
- Guides: TiCH finished stripper guide with nanoplasma ring casting, chrome snake guides
- Reel Seat(s): Anodized aluminum, down locking
- Storage: Premium graphite rod tube with logo tech rod sock
- Rod Weights: 6wt.-9wt.
|Line||Length||Weight (oz.)||Grip||Rod Price / Blank Price||Skagit Line||Scandi Line||Mid Belly Line|
|6wt.||11'||4 7/8||TWO-HANDED||$830 / $415||420 - 450||330 - 390||N/A|
|6wt.||11'6"||5 1/8||TWO-HANDED||$830 / $415||480 - 510||360 - 420||N/A|
|6wt.||12'6"||5 7/8||TWO-HANDED||$880 / $440||450 - 510||360 - 420||6/7|
|7wt.||12'9"||7 3/4||TWO-HANDED||$880 / $440||510 - 570||420 - 480||7/8|
|7wt.||13'3"||6 3/4||TWO-HANDED||$880 / $440||510 - 570||420 - 480||7/8|
|8wt.||13'6"||7 3/4||TWO-HANDED||$880 / $440||570 - 630||480 - 540||7/8|
|8wt.||14'||8||TWO-HANDED||$900 / $450||570 - 630||480 - 540||8/9|
|9wt.||15'||9||TWO-HANDED||$940 / $470||630 - 720||540 - 600||9/10|
▪Skagit and Scandi recommendations are based on Grain Weights. Mid Belly Line recommendations are based on Line Weights.
▪Grain Weight and Line Weight designations should be used as a general guide and will vary based on different manufacturer’s line specifications, as well as each angler's casting style.